Halloween Returns with Another Horror Story at Imago Mall! Okay, I talked about this two entries ago and I managed to score an invitation to attend the Media Event of Imago’s new Horror House, The Reformatory. The event was on a Thursday so I took a day off to attend with a bunch of media friends. Here are some of the photos that we took outside the Horror House that day (can’t take any photos inside the house though… but it was very dark inside anyway, so all we could do was scream our heads off!)
How you can gain access to The Reformatory:
- Spend RM100 and above in accumulated receipts at outlets in Imago Shopping Mall, on a single day only. You can then redeem your The Reformatory ticket, which allows a group (of min. 2 and maximum 4 people) to enter The Reformatory.
- A group is limited to two to four people only. You’re forbidden from bringing in valuables such as handbags, mobile phones, etc to The Reformatory. These should be kept in the locker before entry.
- Behave accordingly! As it’s a Halloween event, there will be frightening effects. Don’t push other participants, damage the surroundings or making extreme physical contact with the staff, or else you’ll be expelled from the event.
- Remember, if you feel any discomfort at the event, you can raise up a STOP sign (given to you upon entry), and shout STOP. You’ll be escorted out.
- The following people are not allowed to participate in the Reformatory: People with heart problems, nervous conditions or related diseases, people who suffer from fear of enclosed spaces, those who are sensitive to strobe or flash lights, pregnant women, and children under 16 year of age.
Enter The Reformatory….
The Reformatory carries a reputation for its highly guarded and strict security system, but in reality it carries hidden secrets buried within its walls. Wails of terror can be heard from outside the walls of The Reformatory. No one knows what happened inside the prison. Are the prisoners still alive or dead? You are about to find out….
Jonah Trish (Prisoner No. IM00015), Sam Welding (Prisoner No. IM00016), Gina Joseph (Prisoner No. IM00033), and Brenda Johnson (Prisoner No. IM00034), death row prisoners who long protested their prison sentences and claimed to be innocent of the crimes they were convicted, were all sent to a secret prison facility to be reformed, or executed if the rehabilitation fails. This secret facility is known amongst the inmates as The Reformatory. No one actually knows what happens there, but prisoners sent there never returned.
They woke one day to find their cell doors opened. The block they were in was silent. They left their cells slowly and stepped into the corridor. Blood on the floor. No, it was everywhere! As they stepped further, they found their fellow inmates on their bed, dead and desecrated. A voice called out from the dark at the end of the corridor. Two wardens, crawling on the floor barely alive, with blood flowing from their hands reaching out to them, begging for help.
The prisoners started running, a slithering sound chasing after them. They ran, only to find another warden trying to pry open the rusty metal door at the other end of the corridor. The lights flickered and went out. The air turned cold. Awfully cold. Evil cold. Chills ran down their backs. A dark shadow was slowly approaching them, and it whispered, “No mercy.” Are they alive or dead?
Proceed with caution The halls are be very dark and you will run into some rabid prisoners trying to scare the living crap out of you.
We made it out of The Reformatory, alive and well! We survived without killing anyone in the process. Well, I did dropped my candle and it went out! So we (kind of stole) one candle from the stairs because we couldn’t see a thing! Other than that, it was pretty okay.
I am impressed with the whole concept of the Horror House. I loved this year’s theme and marketing campaign. I had a good laugh watching all the campaign videos! I think there’re really creative and funny. My final verdict? Well, this is definitely something that is worth trying at least once!
About the Event
Event Name : The Reformatory
Date : 14 October 2016 – 13 November 2016
Venue : The Oval (Centre Court), Ground Floor, Imago Mall, KK Times Square, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Evil Knows No Mercy
For more information, kindly contact:
Rustam bin Ahmad